Oh, here we go again…
Okay, now that I’ve stopped giggle-snorting, let’s get down to business. The always remarkable Gabriela Vargas of Cribbings has nominated me for yet another award. This time around it’s the (*pause-for-one-more-short-burst-of-giggle-snorting*) Inspirational Blogger Award. Now, I consider myself to be many things – inspirational doesn’t generally make the list. Also, as I’ve said before, I’ve begun to suspect that these awards are little more than silliness – and opportunities for gratuitous self-ego stroking – but as that I love silliness – and as that my ego apparently loves the fondling – I just can’t get enough of these.
So, moving forward, there are of course rules:
1) Thank the person that nominated you.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass the award to seven nominees.
Actually, that’s a rather short list, I can live with that…
1) Thank the person that nominated you…
Thank you Miss Vargas! You are awesome, amazing, beautiful, wonderful, splendid, spectacular, brilliant, wickedly funny and I don’t know how I’ve even managed to go so long in this life without you. You constantly give me so much to be thankful for that the t-h-a-n-k-y-o and u keys are wearing out on my keyboard! As a thank you for this honour I should send you a gift… perhaps a dictionary so you can look up the meaning of ‘Inspirational’… tee hee.
2 Share 7 things about yourself.
1) I’m currently on a coffee high from hell… which could explain why everything I’m writing today is even more rambling than normal.
2) Last night on my way to bed, I stubbed my toe and blurted out, ‘fuck biscuits’… I’m currently concerned that I may have Tourette’s syndrome.
3) For the last week I’ve been desperately trying to empty out my email box (WordPress fills it up even faster than normal) but every time I manage to whittle it down to around 600 items, I seem to lose interest and wonder off to do something else.
4) I frequently leave myself voice memos on my Blackberry. Sometimes I think I just make up stuff that’s not all that important because it amuses me to play the messages back. I mean really, did I need a memo to remind me to blog about this award today? Pfft, not likely!
5) Thanks to Kyle, I can’t stop thinking blasphemous things about angels today.
6) I just spent the last 7-9 minutes of my life laughing over the ‘Telephone’ music video (thanks Gabriela!) and now my cheeks hurt and I feel a little light headed.
7) Damn it! Thanks to Kyle I now think I have a crush on Satan.
3) Pass the award to seven nominees.
1) Gabriela Vargas of Cribbings (ya I know I keep bouncing them back at you, but what else am I supposed to do? You’re always an inspiration to me and everyone else who reads your blog, and I love you damn it!)
2) Kyle Mew of kylemew.com (I know you can’t/won’t play along and that’s okay… I still love you. I had to nominate you; you inspire me every day… And… I was kind of hoping you’d at least play to the 7 random bits of information tune.
3) Kana Tyler of Kana’s Chronicles (incredibly inspiring)
4) gypsy116 of Through my eyes: Adventures in Borderline land (I find this woman’s honesty and strength very inspirational. Side note: As I’m preparing this for post, gypsy has been kind enough to nominate me a second time for this award. THANK YOU SO MUCH luv!)
5) knowthesphere (I don’t know this gentleman well, but I know that his writing is incredibly moving and I felt he belonged on this list.)
6) TheOthers1 of Honesty (Fantastic blog, and always inspirational)
7) Pete Armetta (I’m always inspired by this man’s skill and by the heart that shows through the words.)
Okay, so that about wraps it up. I hope I was able to make at least a little sense here! Thanks again to Gabriela Vargas and gypsy116!